My favorite memories so far have been... hammocking at Ft. Zak with Nick and the boys, hopping on a paddle board for the first time on my b-day, Mother's Day dinner (technically Spring, but felt like the first part of summer to me!) and taking photos with my family at Fort Zak last week. I will share these as soon as I get them back! 🍊🍍🍓
Other than that, there has been lots of ups and downs. Downs have been getting sick and wearing myself out and just not feeling good flow in my life. I think that is getting better though! Nick and I have ridden the roller coaster of life these past few months and I think it's time to say "ok. We want off." LOL. I know there will always be ups and downs, but maybe more of a surfing analogy and less of a roller coaster. haha. Like riding the waves of life. together. =)
I am so thankful when my days off roll around for the one simple reason that most likely, I am going to get to take naps with the boys. I love it so much and even more on days like today, when it is raining outside. Yes, we will stay inside and nap! Thank you, rain!
In other news, I am looking forward to the end of summer (bittersweet), but hope to enjoy a nice cool breeze in October forward! Though, I am not rushing this year AT ALL because next Fall... the S word- school. But, I hope to enjoy every moment and not think too much about this in the meantime. One day at a time, Feryn. One day at a time. ☕
I am entering a new season of my life and I can feel it. Today, during my meditation I heard "this is the part where you start to like yourself." I love it. I think I have always tried to show myself a lot of TLC but I'm not sure that I ever really LIKED myself ya know? Like embraced myself fully. I'm really excited to do so and I can't wait to see the person who pops their head up at the end of this bridge. Haha. I know she is awesome and quirky, funny and loving.
Well, here's to August! My dad's birthday, and we are entering into the sign of Leo (the independent Lion, strong and passionate) .♌ . Leo is one of my favorite signs as it has been the sign of two important men in my life, my dad and my Grandfather (which is funny because the swinging bridge I am imagining is the one on Grandfather Mountain in NC). ☽
(Ps. just learned that August 4 is Barack Obama's birthday, make it 3 of my favorite men.)
Anyways, this has been a bit of a ramble but I love it and it helps me to clear my thoughts! I am super excited for this next chapter! Thanks for being with me BanPan fam. ✌
So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be. - Perks of Being a Wallflower 🌻



No comments:
Post a Comment