Summmer Sun
by Robert Louis Stevenson
Great is the sun, and wide he goes
Through empty heaven with repose;
And in the blue and glowing days
More thick than rain he showers his rays.
Though closer still the blinds we pull
To keep the shady parlour cool,
Yet he will find a chink or two
To slip his golden fingers through.
The dusty attic spider-clad
He, through the keyhole, maketh glad;
And through the broken edge of tiles
Into the laddered hay-loft smiles.
Meantime his golden face around
He bares to all the garden ground,
And sheds a warm and glittering look
Among the ivy's inmost nook.
Above the hills, along the blue,
Round the bright air with footing true,
To please the child, to paint the rose,
The gardener of the World, he goes.
Through empty heaven with repose;
And in the blue and glowing days
More thick than rain he showers his rays.
Though closer still the blinds we pull
To keep the shady parlour cool,
Yet he will find a chink or two
To slip his golden fingers through.
The dusty attic spider-clad
He, through the keyhole, maketh glad;
And through the broken edge of tiles
Into the laddered hay-loft smiles.
Meantime his golden face around
He bares to all the garden ground,
And sheds a warm and glittering look
Among the ivy's inmost nook.
Above the hills, along the blue,
Round the bright air with footing true,
To please the child, to paint the rose,
The gardener of the World, he goes.
Summer is almost over and we have successfully started a sweet, little garden. I set out with intention to start a mango tree and an avocado tree this summer. The mango tree is officially under way =) and I am hopeful that my avocado seed is going to sprout, as well. It looks promising! We also have a pretty prominent basil plant, which we are using to make pesto and a mint plant, that is beautifully growing into a vine that tastes and smells good =) hmm what else? ginger, lemons, gardenia, tomatoes, oh my! By next summer, maybe we will be making salads out of our very own garden! Don't want to think about next summer, yet. lol. School. Ah.
What else? Life is good. Just workin' and playin' when I can! The boys are super cute and fun these days. Lukey is at the age where his little personality is starting to come out. He is so sweet and likes to give hugs and kisses. He will say "mommy hug." and wraps his arms around my neck. He calls out and cups his hands around his mouth when he is looking for one of us. He has a little half smile that I think is the best thing in the world and I look forward to it every morning after he is done nursing. William is getting so big but still so little. He is absolutely "exquisite" =) He reminds me of a little prince. Often, I peak in on them sleeping and am just in awe of their beauty. Actually, this happens every time I look at them. I could just freeze time and stare at the perfection of their sweet, little faces. So pure and innocent. Just radiating love for us right now.
So, thats about it. I notice the slightest change in the air. Ever so slight, but there. Signaling that Fall is coming. Lots of activities here in the Fall, which will bring Fantasy Fest and all of its activities. I don't know whether or not we will participate this year. Fantasy Fest is a love/hate relationship for me, since it is also the time that I lost a friend. So... ya. Maybe zombie bike ride? I have costumes! We will see. I don't love crowds these days. However, I am excited to watch two movies off of iTunes... Inside Out and Water for Elephants. Also, we are now the proud family of a little fishy tank! We have a fish named Bullseye, Knifey (??), and Sucker. LOL. Ya. Will post pics soon.
Here are my pics for now =)
Ps. Still working on my end of summer project ;)
| blurry |
| rocky shores |
| kombucha brew. interesting process |
Bye for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment