| sitting on top of the world! |
There are so many wonderful things about being pregnant with my first child, but never did I think I would enjoy this experience as much as I am! This has by no means been a walk in the park for me. My first 10 weeks were filled with morning sickness that lasted ALL day, complete exhaustion ( I could barely get out of bed), and the worry and apprehension that comes with this life changing event. I am now in my third trimester and despite kicks to the ribs, midnight trips to the bathroom (at least one), some serious indigestion and a recent episode of him hanging out on my sciatic nerve, causing jolting pains up and down my right side, this still has to be the most wonderful, amazing gift. I am the co-creator of a life! How awesome is that! Sometimes, it is too crazy to even wrap my head around. To think that my body is naturally doing what is necessary to form another human being, it just blows my mind. I think of how it has formed life, lungs, kidneys, and a heart! All from things that were inside of me. I could go on and on about this, it's just SO COOL!
I really feel that even though William was unplanned, the timing could not have been more perfect. I can feel him influencing all of us and he isn't even here yet. He brings joy to so many already! I love every moment of carrying him in my belly, feeling him move, daydreaming about things that we will do together and that precious moment when we first lay eyes on each other. I love dressing my baby bump and how my body is becoming so much more my own. I love watching Nick sing him his ABC's and play music for him (he dances to Bob Marley!). I love people touching my belly and the love that comes our way from friends and strangers alike. I love talking about William! I love hearing his heartbeat. I love taking care of myself and being motivated to do so because it's not only about me anymore. I love taking him with me. I love being a "we" instead of just an "I". I love loving him with all of my heart and knowing that he was created out of pure love. It's such a crazy, beautiful experience and I love that this is only the beginning!
Nick also danced to Bob Marley...but outside of the womb...he went absolutely nuts for Bob Marley...laughing and dancing. I love that we are a family and that William has already brought so much love and joy to all of us. I think we are in for an adventure of a lifetime. I love you three!!
ReplyDeleteYou love being pregnant because you're the most gorgeous pregnant woman ever...Love you!
ReplyDelete