Thursday, June 6, 2013

William

Today is the first day that I am back here since my pregnancy. William is five weeks old and a thriving little boy. He is very strong and loves to hold his head up all by himself! He loves to look around at new things and enjoys the warmth of the sun. He is so sweet and I love every moment that I get to spend with him. The feeling when he is curled up on my chest is one of pure bliss. It is just warmth and sweetness and completeness. He does so many things that make me laugh.. his little sneezes and the face he makes afterward, the way he shoots his arms up when you put him on his changing table, and his really wonderful, toothless smile. He is a constant source of new wonders.

As for me, I am doing well. This Monday will be six weeks since he was born. I have said it before, this whole process is pretty CRAZY! It seems like you go from being one person to someone else and I am not quite sure who that person is yet. I know that I want to be the best for my son. I want to make a comfy little bed in the present moment and stay there forever. So I don't ever have to miss one beautiful moment with him. I don't ever want to take any of it for granted because it is all once in a lifetime and the moments fly by with him and he is born one day and five weeks old the next.

Life is different now. My life revolves around my son and being with him is the only thing that matters. Nick and I feel different now. It is almost as if we are one being, the three of us. Life feels heavier, but heavier in a juicy, delicious kind of way. Like the best mango on the tree. =)





1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, this is the post I've been waiting for and long for and not wanting to bug you about...So precious the three of you are to me. I love William, of course, but to see you and Nick in this new role is equally amazing to me. I can't wait for the next time i am in the presence of the ones I love <3

    ReplyDelete