Lasts nights fireworks were awesome. It was nice to sit and watch them with William. It was kind of a nostalgic day for me. 4th of July's were always spent with my grandfather, who passed away a few years ago. Crazy to think that he has been gone that long. I thought of him last night while watching the fireworks... I wondered if the fireworks could have been the colors of his love to me. Bursting forth in the night. It was a nice thought while sitting with my son, thinking of where I am now and how I am moving forward every day, living and learning, trying each day to stay positive. Trying each day to love myself more and accept myself.
It is definitely an interesting time in my life. I feel like there is a lot of growth and navigating happening. Who am I? What do I like to do? What are my passions? What are my goals? and so on and so forth. All of a sudden, I am a mom and I am responsible for this little life. That has been a huge shift in my identity. I do mom things.. like laundry and dishes. And picking up. And trying to keep up with that and be with the baby and have a few moments to myself is tough! I love every second of it, don't get me wrong.. and more then anything, I love trying to find a balance, because I think the balance is where true happiness lies. Filling up all my little cups. =) I have been searching for balance for a very long time. I feel like it is something that just happens... I feel like since the baby has been born, I am never bored or searching for something to. With him, I am always doing the thing that I love most (which is to stare at his little face, and feel his head on my chest!!).
It is also becoming a project of mine to fix up our little humble abode. It is an interesting process, preparing your home and life for a baby. It is all coming together and before we know it, we will be baby proofing! Oh boy. But the best part is that we are all growing up together. =) Anyways, I love you all and hope you had a great 4th.
And you know I can't post without pictures of the baby =) so here ya go =)))
No comments:
Post a Comment