Thursday, May 22, 2014

It's the little things.

Today is my 28th birthday. It feels so different than any that I have experienced before. Nick is at work and I am writing while William sleeps and the house is quiet. I am sipping the iced coffee that Nick made for me this morning in his rush out the door. So sweet. I am so used to my birthday being this occasion where everyone drops everything. Never have I spent a birthday alone all day. While I know I won't be completely alone, I will have my William, I have always had friends around me. Today, I feel a strange craving to just be with myself. To do things that I normally do, clean the house, play in my garden. It is a tough call to make for me, my birthday has always brought... I dunno, change. Today, I just want everything to be the same. I think that means that I am happy with my life just the way it is. I don't feel the need to go out of my way to make it special, it already is because of the every day little things that make it that way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment