Friday, April 3, 2015

due date.

Today is my official due date. I am so glad that we have made it to this point. We have been through so much in the past 10 months and just to have reached today makes it feel like we are making progress! The first signs of Spring are showing themselves and yesterday, we got to spend almost 2 hours outside, basking in the sunshine. I even wore my tank top for a little bit (60 degrees and this Florida girl is in a tank top! woohoo!). It was amazing to breathe the fresh air and feel the sunshine on my skin. SO amazing. One of my first recollections upon seeing my due date reminder pop up, was sitting in our mini van on our way to Boston, completely unsure of what lay ahead for me. It feels like a lifetime ago now. We endured Winter and did a pretty fine job. There were mostly good days, a few that weren't so good. But, I got to spend every one of them with my William and that, in my opinion, is always a good day.

Honestly, I feel so grateful for the time I got to share with him. The winter kept us in doors most days, so I really just got to be with him a lot. It was some much needed quality time together since I feel like our last few months in Key West were terribly unhappy and distracted. We made up for lost time and then some. I feel closer to him because of it and he is such a wonderful little boy (Have I said that before?).

So, today is due day! I celebrated with a bowl of cheerios and peanut butter (my breakfast of choice!). It's actually only about 30 grams of carbs, which is what I am allowed for my breakfast. Anyways, any day now really for baby Lucas! I can't wait to meet him.


East Coast Grill





No comments:

Post a Comment