Sunday, March 29, 2015

My son.

Dear Lucas,

I feel compelled to write to you today, as we are nearing the day that we will soon meet. I want you to know how much I love you already. I know that this pregnancy has been very difficult for us. A lot has changed since the day we found out we were having another baby. You have been so strong and given me something wonderful, and positive to focus on through it all. I have worried a lot, especially once we were diagnosed with gestational diabetes. But, we are powering through that as well and you are growing and we are healthy and that is all that matters! Parts of me feel bad that I have not been able to give to you the attention that I was able to give in my first pregnancy. With the move, being in a new place, and keeping up with your big brother, I feel like some days I just don't have enough time in the day or my mind is preoccupied with a million different thoughts. But, you never fail to let me know you are in there with a gentle nudge when you hear the drums or your brothers voice! I don't talk to you much, but you hear our voices all day long and I think you would prefer the chatter because it's always fun and happy! My hand is always by your head (or your heart, I'm not quite sure) and I feel our sweet connection already.

Although, I have not met you yet, I feel like I already know some things about you. I think you are going to be a very sweet, active, fun boy! Your name, Lucas, means "light" and I think this is exactly what you will bring to our family! I feel that you are going to be a best friend to your big brother, William. I think you boys will have a lot of fun together! I am so grateful that William will have you as his brother. I know that he will love you from the start and he is a good person to have love from! We all love you so much Lucas! I am so proud of you for being so strong with me through all of this and I cannot wait to meet you! Until then, we will rest and get ready for our next journey together, which is bringing you into this world! I pray that all goes well and that you are healthy! I love you my son. You complete us!

Love, Mom



we love you and can't wait to meet you! love, your family! (about 6 months pregnant)


No comments:

Post a Comment