Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Fathers Day Reflections & Sweet Summertime

Hello!

I am trying to write this before the boys realize I am doing something that doesn't include them =) They do not like that! So, what have we been up to lately? A lot of fun actually! We had a day where we played in rain puddles which was super fun and Lukey's first time actually doing so! We went on a rainy day walk afterwards. We spent one rainy day (we have been having a rainy summer!) walking and picking flowers. We had a great day spent with mom, we went to breakfast together and went to the park. It was nice. We played for a while and even stuck it out through a misty rain shower. It was definitely nice to get out and just play for a while. We had a boat day with Dad. It was the most beautiful day at the Sandbar and getting to swim in the ocean = 👌 William went to the movies with my dad, to see Cars 3! That was fun for him! Also, I got stung by a jellyfish! =( Which, reminds me of summer in Cocoa Beach when I was young (where I am going in just a few short weeks! The ocean waves are calling my name).

We celebrated Fathers Day, it was fun, a little chaotic. We started the day with breakfast at a little cafe, which is super cute and we have enjoyed going there in the past. But, on this day it was crowded and stuffy and just did not feel like the most kid-friendly environment. It was a tad stressful.And then, Lucas fell down the stairs (about 4 of them). Thankfully, he was not hurt, just scared. But, I spent the whole day feeling like the worst mom ever. On the positive side, we ate yummy food and did fireworks! We went to mom and dad's for dinner and I gave my dad his Father's Day gift of macaroons! He loved them! I got Nick a Yeti cup in Seafoam green, but it didn't come until the next day! The boys had a great day LOL. I am starting to wonder if this is really the only part that matters? I am trying to figure out (at this stage of my life) how to help others be happy, as well as myself. And as a family, I believe we are trying to figure this out as well.

ps. was happy to find this post with a photo of William on Nicks first Fathers Day.

In the future, I would like Fathers Day to be more relaxing and fun for Nick. This year, I just did not feel the relaxation! I know it's not easy with two kiddos to get out and actually enjoy ourselves, but this year... I don't know it just didn't feel quite right. Anyways, it was good to be together. (Next year goals: breakfast and something with the ocean!) I hope the rough patch we have been having is behind us. It seems to be getting better. What else? Today is summer solstice. The day with the most amount of sunlight and full of energy!

Other than that, just trying to stay cool in the summer heat, eating popsicles, swimming, a little boating, and all that fun stuff that we love to do.

Days are defnitely warm with the occassional afternoon rainstorm (my favorite part of summer). Lately, we have really just been spending time indoors with the AC crankin' or at Nanny's where we have the pool, canal (for fish feeding), park and quick access to AC, cold juice and snacks! lol. Trying to keep us cool, calm and collected here.

When we are home, the boys play with toys and do pretty well (for about 5 minutes) playing together. Lucas' favorite game for the past few days has been having me read him every show title on Netflix while he says "nope" to each one. LOL. After a while, he finds what he is looking for and mommy gets a break =)

Nick's buisiness, Made By Soto is taking off! Each day seems to bring a new "first" and new projects. Nick is settling in nicely to his new, little workshop at Washed Up!

Me? I'm ok. I am trying to do my best (some days I know I can do better). A little uninspired lately, feeling a lack in some way. I don't quite know what it is, but according to my boss at work, Charlie, it's all normal for a 31 year old "woman" =). Just feeling like my best is not good enough! Feeling like my spirit wants to jump out of my body and do back flips or somethin'. I just have this feeling inside of me like... I want to be doing more, seeing more! Something different! I don't know. Sometimes, I feel like I will never be satisfied. I have this burning part of me for Boston some days. I still miss it. I loved being so independent there. But then, when I was there, I just wanted to be here! Here, I have the support of my family. Sometimes, I just feel so disconnected from Key West and the life before Boston. I feel like a different person now that is not fully able to BE! Like a tree, that has branches but keeps them wrapped around itself instead of fully growing and expanding and blossoming into the big, glorious, colorful, flowering tree that it is! Sorry for bitchin' because I have so much to be thankful for! I know and I am! Every day!

Starting an amazing program with my guru, Molly Hamill this week! So let's hope for lots of amazing transformation! Anyways, happy summer solstice. Peace, love and light!

The Ultimate and Immediate Why
By: Danielle Laporte

After a long night
I wake up
with infinity on my lips and I must tell you:
Everything turns out okay.
Put down your worries,
even though you must take up the cause.
On the Light crusade
we must remember
The Ultimate and Immediate Why:
Swallowing fresh water,
inhaling
clean air
through our mouths,
speaking
words of adoration,
and kissing.














“We are but visitors on this planet. We are here for ninty or one hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful with our lives. If you contibute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life.”



No comments:

Post a Comment