Tuesday, September 4, 2018

seeing red.

There are so many good things happening in my life right now, after what has been a very difficult time. Just to recap... I had been talking here for a while about things between Nick and I, an invisible wall that I could not get through. Well, the wall crumbled on July 4th, 2018. He moved out. I saw it coming. It was the only thing left to do. It was the saddest, most difficult times I have been through, but I stayed positive and super grounded in faith and family. I leaned on others as the hurricane hit and passed us by. Today, we are back together, working as a team. We wake up early, William has now started kindergarten (he likes it!). I miss him terribly, but it all feels very natural and I am okay. I am so thankful for the time we had of nothing but each other. We still have that time and I hope to have more of it very soon.

It has been an adjustment period. A time of swallowing the lump in my throat over and over again. My brother and Alena moved to North Carolina. They are living in Graham and Amy's cabin. I worry about them, but I hope they will be okay. Like I said, it's a time of transitions.

On a super sad note, a lady that I know committed suicide yesterday. I knew her from Date and Thyme. It's so interesting how our lives unfold and you don't know in that moment how it is unfolding, or how a moment becomes a light in the dark one day. The ladies name was Anne. She was so beautiful! The first time I saw her, I was just in awe of her. She would come in during the week and I would say hello, and always feel in awe of her when I did. All those moments just feel like time passing by now, a memory but it was just yesterday.

Intuitively, I suppose I always knew she would be important in my life. The times I spent with her were always so memorable and precious. At this time, I am so thankful for all of my friends at Date and Thyme that have held my hand through all of what I have been going through. Especially when it felt so overwhelming and scary. They were like a soft blanket on my heart. =)

God is good. I know that he is right there on the other side. I have so many questions... why am I going through this? I know the answer is to grow, but why is the growth so important? To serve better? Life and death. It is the scariest thing. It is the hardest thing to cope with.

RIP Anne 


No comments:

Post a Comment