Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Answer to the chaos.

This week has been a really hard week for me. I have been really exhausted, mind and body. My mind is in constant replay of what needs to be done before baby gets here and how unprepared I feel. I have been in my "nesting" phase, so the house cannot be clean enough. My to-do list seems to be ever growing and I feel the physical demands of this as well. I am at a time when I am not working, which is forcing me to have lots of time on my hands and time to think and only to sit still. While I know I am working through some things, part of me wants to run the other way. These feelings are what I entered the yoga studio with today and these feelings are what I left behind. Time and time again, I show up for myself here in this studio. A voice much stronger than that of worry and anxiety is kind and compassionate. The dark clouds soon pass and I can see the sunshine once again. I can't even begin to explain the love that I have for this practice or how it has gotten me through the rough patches of my life. Today was especially wonderful because I was able to reconnect with William and feel enormous amounts of love wash over me while breathing for the both of us. Through stretches and breathing, I was reminded of what I am doing and how it is so much bigger than anything else. I was reminded of how far I have come in eight months and I was able to appreciate the discomfort in my body as proof of the hard labor that I am accomplishing, day in and day out. I was able to slow down and just be with myself and my baby. All things that are much more important than clean laundry and an organized house.


2 comments:

  1. This will be true for the rest of your life. Take time for you, take time to breathe, stay connected to the witness inside you and breathe... Love to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to yoga today had a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete