Hello friends!
Well, we had our first official family trip into the city! I love being able to say those words... the city =) It makes me feel so happy and alive! It was a great day and one for the memory books. We started with lunch in Chinatown at a quiet little restaurant, where we sipped on green tea and ate delicious food. William practiced using his chopsticks, which turned into one of my favorite photos ever. I feel so excited for him that he is getting to experience all of these new things! We stuffed ourselves on Chinese food, stuffed ourselves even more on pastries and then! my favorite part of all, headed to the New England Aquarium. It was the most amazing place. There were so many different types of animals, my favorite being the sweet, sweet seals that rubbed their back on the glass and whose little whiskers made them cute enough to kiss. The rest of the aquarium was like being in another world. It was dimly lit, except for the bright colors protruding from behind the glass tanks. Neon colors of blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow all drawing you in to stand and stare into the underwater world. It was magnificent. There were scuba divers swimming in the HUGE cylindrical tank that started on the first floor and went for FOUR floors, containing fish of all shapes and colors. My favorite fish was the queen angel. I saw her swim by once and I knew right away she was special, then Nick told me her name... the queen angel, of course she was. There were touch tanks for kids and the staff was AWESOME about introducing the wildlife to William. He was skeptical at first, but she allowed him to be gently guided into eventually (ok, almost) touching a sea snail. He did touch the water though! =) Which, he exclaimed was "cold!". He really liked that. My favorite moment had to be when I was walking out of the touch tanks to find Nick and William, perched in front of the giant cylinder tank. William was perfectly silhouetted against the blues and greens of the tank. I literally gasped in excitement at this perfect moment and snapped a picture, which is below. It has to be one of my favorite photos of him. I will love and cherish this day forever. I hope Nick knew how special it was to me that he took us there (I must have thanked him 20 times!). Well, couldn't wait to share. And can't wait to tell you about my adventure into Providence, Rhode Island (where my mom is from!). It's a very special place. Good night all.
![]() |
| not so sure about that turtle! but look at that face, getting to be such a big boy! |





No comments:
Post a Comment