Well, here we are on the home stretch of what has been a rather long and strenuous journey. To add more on top of it all, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and have to see a diabetes specialist this week and learn more about what this means. Needless to say, I have been kind of freaking out. I have been doing a lot of my own research on healthy food choices and come across some really great food blogs. It is all one step at a time at this point, part of me is trying to stay cool, calm, and collected, the other part is just like "what the fuck. Really?". I mean it has really just been one thing after another, a move, a blowout with my father, a move across country (with a toddler, a dog, and a mini van), a tundra of a winter in New England, and now... gestational diabetes and worrying about my labor, the baby being too big, c-sections, the whole nine yards. I spoke with my midwife from home today who thankfully, put my mind at ease. She told me that lots of women get diagnosed with a mild case of gestational diabetes, not to worry. So, I will continue to eat healthy and think positive about my labor and the health of baby Lucas. There is only five weeks left of what has been, the second most difficult chapter in my life (the first, being away from Nick for one whole, long year). As long as we are together, we can get through anything.
So, here we go. Pushing forward onto the next chapter! Baby Lucas will be here in just five short weeks, which means we will be nesting around here and getting everything together! William seems to understand that something is happening and says "Lucas is coming. Brother. Friend." Yes, my sweet love. Brother, friend.
 |
| maternity photos @ 33 weeks by my love, playing outside in the snow with William and Jax <3 |
No comments:
Post a Comment