Monday, January 14, 2019

And a Happy New Year.

Hello,

how are you? thanks for being here for me through a very difficult year. 2018 presented me with WORK! Work to release, work to surrender, work to trust and work to have faith. And while I knew that things would all end up okay, it was painful going through it and it's often, been painful to move forward. When I say pain, I mean literal heart wrenching moments that made me want keel over. And sometimes, I did. It was rough. But, I was tough. Magical moments came from the trying ones. I strengthened my bond with my brother and shared some heart to heart moments that will forever live in my heart. They have now moved to North Carolina and I miss him so much. We are hoping to visit in the Spring and I can't wait.

And through it all, life happens. Halloween, Williams first "Historical Halloween" with his school, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. It was different this year because I didn't spend one holiday with my mom and dad. They have retired, things are still working themselves out, and Nick and I did it on our own this year. It was good. Not the same, but good. Thanksgiving will never be truly Thanksgiving without all the fixings that I have known throughout my life. Mashed potatoes with rutabaga, creamed onions and my mom's gravy. It is the true staples of Thanksgiving. Nick and I did truly have a wonderful day/evening together and I am grateful for it. It was so nice riding down the Keys at night, babies asleep and full in the back and holding hands, just the two of us. Magic.

Halloween and Historical Halloween were sweet and joyful. William was Ringo Starr for his first ever Historical Halloween. Many more of these to come! I will always keep you updated, promise! He was so cute. Like, the cutest. I love him so much. He is my little five year old boy, full of weirdness and love. And Lucas is sweet and lovable and enchanting. I love them both so much and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being their mom. The day to day is sometimes... tiring, but all in all, I love it more then anything. Life really is a gift, even the difficult times.

Christmas was nice. It was a whirlwind and started to feel like a roller coaster ride. I enjoyed it and it was a beautiful thing, but I need to find ways to maybe pace myself more. This is always my intention... cool, calm and collected. I will do better next year.

So, New Years. New Years resolutions... I am trying to stop drinking alcohol and just treat myself better, in general. Not run myself down and just try to take things a little slowerrrrrr.

So here's the pics I have so far. All blessings.
















No comments:

Post a Comment