Tuesday, April 9, 2019

greetings!

greetings from the other side of 4. Our baby is four years old. Four. I mean, where does the time even go? Hopefully up to a perfect memory cloud that just stays perfect forever. It was a fun filled day, complete with balloons and our first Happy Birthday song with just the four of us present.

Normally, Lucas covers his ears when everyone sings to him because he says it is "too loud", but when it was just the four of us, he was so happy and into it. He blew out his candles and gave Nick a high five. It was so sweet. He asked all day when he would get to go to his party, which would be held the day after his birthday. It was a great day, which ended with tears when his "lego balloon" flew away into the night sky. =( So sad. My heart just broke for him. What a bittersweet moment that is.

The party was the next day which was busy, busy, busy. I made all the food throughout the day, which was really good for so as not to get too anxious about the actual party. I found some cute ideas on Pinterest and did a really good job, I thought =) The party was a dinosaur theme, complete with a dino egg hunt, and a piƱata. The whole party came out really good and the kids all seemed to have a nice time. We ended the evening watching the sunset, then packing up the truck to head home. It was a smashing success, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't at all anxious about it! I always get a little nervous with social gatherings and especially, hosting them! I think I pulled it off, cool, calm, and collected, however.


So, how do I feel about the boys turning a year older? It is always a lot of emotions! Happy, sad, stressful, reflective, proud... But, we are truly doing a good job of taking care of each other and I am always grateful for that! Thanks and talk soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment