Good Morning.
It's a windy March morning here in Key West. Nick has had markets all weekend, which currently, leaves us stuck at home with no transportation. Deep breaths. Patience. Ugh. This too shall pass.
Well, I am five months pregnant with our third son. I would like to name him Wesley. It has been a whirlwind. I am grateful and excited to meet him. At the same time, nervous for the future. I will stop working and primarily be working from home here and there. My plan is to start a bookkeeping business, which will allow me to work from home to be with the new babe. A new adventure is upon us. Wish me luck and good fortune. I will definitely have to find things to do, but with the state of the world and the changes that have occurred during this time, it will be unlike my other experiences with the babes. I would love to think of joining a play group, but the Corona virus is still a part of our reality and it doesn't feel safe to bring a baby out into the world at this time. One day at at time.
The next thing to get through is labor. Something I dread every morning upon waking up. Like my friend Beth said, however "it is what you make of it." So, I will try to shift my perspective to be an experience that will bring me to my baby. A light portal that Nick and I will walk through. It really brings up so many things for me. It's a question of faith and guidance and support. Who will walk me through? It is a voyage of the mind, body, and soul. To be in such extreme pain, I have to fix my mind on a single point. The mind has to stay focused or the waves become more powerful then you. I think it will be important this time around.
During my last labor, my mind was all over the place. On the nurse, on the experiences I had gone through that previous Winter. So much pain with Nick. Doubt and fear. I want this time to be different. I have heard one woman describe her labor as surfing waves with Jesus. This sounds incredible. And fun =)
What else? Well, my parents sold their house and are in the process of moving. No more childhood home. It is tough to put this experience into words. It is the closing of a chapter. Maybe the closing of an entire book and the start of a new one. This home was so tied into my identity. Key Haven and our beautiful home. My story. How far my family had come. How we persevered. How we built it. It is my entire past. My entire history. And now, the book has closed. I am sort of left here, holding the book and looking around at what is actually in front of me. A little lost because "which direction do I go?" a little excited because... I get to choose. And peaceful because... hey, I know this place. And curious, which way feels best? Something new is up ahead. The soul is sturdy and has been built. Now, it gets to truly experience itself and the beauty that has been created.
So... onward with peace in my heart. Gratitude at the core of everything, always. Life's lessons as building blocks and learning experiences to draw upon. I will keep you posted! Love always.
No comments:
Post a Comment