Hey banpan fam!
How goes it? All good over here. The boys successfully started school a week ago today! We are doing great! Lucas was not so sure at first, but has well adjusted. They are in the same class, and I am so happy about this. They even have a baby in their class, which is so good for them at this point in their lives. I can't believe William is in third grade. I looked at him yesterday and was just shocked how big he is getting. He is such a sweet, little boy and I hope we will always be as close as we are now. I started a little business, Key West Bookkeeping. It is a good way for me to make money from home. It is fun and engaging. I am learning as I go and who knows? Maybe it will turn into something more one day. We are almost to the end of summer! There is a breeze in the air that always reminds me of the crispness of Fall. I have been thinking a lot on some things, just kind of the events of my life. I feel like I am coming through the end of a long, dark tunnel. Internally, life has been good. Things with my family, we have always stayed close. But, my personal experience. This time of year, I am reminded of September 11th and the feelings of that day. I remember my brother telling me later it was the first time he ever saw my dad cry.
I often remind myself how grateful I am that I was born into this country and this experience. There have been many lessons along the way and "mistakes" that made me wonder who I am as a human being. Forgiveness has been my greatest teacher and friend. Forgiving myself when those thoughts of the past come up. I know they are showing the shadow so it can come forth into the light. So, I must learn and continue to practice thanking them and allowing them, and inviting them towards peace and understanding. So, that's just a bit on my own personal journey.
Wesley Shoal Soto is doing great. Born on June 27th, my labor pains started at 3:00 am and Wesley arrived at 2:27 pm. Our time in the hospital was brief and he was born a happy, healthy boy. I am so grateful. Looking back, my pregnancy was such a time of change for me. It was a major practice of letting go and surrender. I know that none of this would be possible with the presence of God in my life, that is what I truly believe. At the end of the day, I always come home to my Christian beliefs. I have been hesitant to claim this "title", as a Christian. But it is who I am. I must accept it and work with it, constantly. But, I have come to see it as a gift. When I was young, it didn't matter. I didn't need the title, it just was. I know that God has put every single thing into my life as a teacher and to answer my questions I have about who "he" is and how I came to be.
So, just some thoughts. I know I can always share freely here. Peace banpan.
![]() |
| one of the first photos of us as a whole fam |
Also, want to mention how Lucas is the best big brother in the world. He loves Wesley with all of his little heart. They both do. Lucas however, is very much in love and always wanting to hold the baby. He lays with him every chance he gets and always welcome us with a big, huge smile when he gets home from school. Am I the luckiest, or what?

No comments:
Post a Comment