Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Creative Writing 1

I recently watched a show on Netflix, and was inspired when the main character creates a group and asks them to write about the happiest day of their life. It got me thinking... what is my happiest day? Gosh, moments come to mind that could possibly be put together to last a full 24 hours. I thought of the day I got my car, when I aced my SAT's after years of studying. When I got into college or found out I got almost a full scholarship. The day I got my jetski, FREEDOM! Falling in love. Joining Miami Air, when that building seemed so massive to my 24 year old self. Realizing I wasn't alone. My grandmother asking me for cold water. Making beaded necklaces. Meeting each of one my babies for the first time. 


There are moments and memories that have spanned over the course of a lifetime. And still the part of me that knows my happiest DAY is yet to come. Perhaps, it will be the day that I finish college or the day I get married. Perhaps it will be a day where my mind is at rest, when my soul has healed and all the missing pieces of my heart are put back together. Maybe it is close in the near future or maybe it really is in the distant past. A day that I can't even remember. Or a day that will stand out in my mind later on. Moments with my dad. Joyful times with my mom. Feeling connected to my brother. Or just falling into Nick's arms. Maybe it's a day with my babies that feels like we are on top of the world. 


And still, at the core is the deep realization that the happiest time, the happiest moment, is now. It's sitting under the Bodhi tree, watching the show. Because at the end, all we ever really have is our self


So, here it is. A little creative writing for you Banpan. Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment